Kaprun is an ideal starting point for numerous lovely hikes on the Kitzsteinhorn and in the mountains around Kaprun, as well as the Hohe Tauern National Park.
Hiking in the Maiskogel area
A variety of walking and hiking trails await for people who have various fitness levels in the Maiskogel area. The hiking trails are signposted accordingly and their safety is checked on a regular basis.
A little snippet of the popular hikes:
- Pinzgau stroll
- Valley hike in Zell am See via Bruck to Kaprun (walking path)
- Erlberg trail
- MTB route on the Maiskogel
- Maiskogel altitude trail
- Lake walk
- Guggen altitude path
- Glacier slope
- Bruckberg trail (walking path)
- Thumersbach - Enzianhütte
- Panorama path with views to the glacier (hiking trail)
- A circuit of Lake Zell
- Tauern Cycle Path - Zell am See - Lofer
- Tauern SPA circuit
- Austria Weg trail: Mooserboden - Kapruner Törl - Rudolfshütte
- Altitude walk - Zell am See/Sonnalm/Schmittenhöhe/Schüttdorf
- Rettenwand circular hike (hiking trail)
- And many more!